Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to ME!!!

So when asked what I want for Mother's Day my obvious response was FISHING! I ended up on a different boat this time. It was out of H&M Landing called the Premier. WOW what a NICE boat! I was hesitant to go at first because the weather seemed iffy and it was a new boat I had never been on. Once I was out there though I had the best time! Fishing was not off the hook but it was steady and I was getting fish consistantly.


I will always say any day out on the water is a good day! (UNLESS I spend the day getting sick that is!)



Just a little guy



Me with a brown rockfish

TREEFISH!





I never posted a picture of the galley on the boats.

This is a much newer boat then most in the fleet built in 1990!



My catch (from what I kept)





What happens next...

I think most people dont like fish because they have never had fresh fish and also have not had it prepared correctly. I pay extra on the boat to have the fish filleted for me. It is so cheap and such a huge convienence! So when I get home all I have is the fillets with a little bit of skin left on for fish and game identification. There is very little that needs to be done. Just remove the extra skin and any bones that need to be but out.


With rockfish breaded and fried is the best and then make fish tacos or just eat with a squeeze of lemon or tartar sauce. In my case I bread and bake the fish cause I'm watching my calories.
Flour, egg, and crumbs



The fish fillets. I used the rockfish for the oven and the sheephead I caught for Ceviche



Lemon juice, cilantro, cucumber, onion, garlic, jalepeno, tomato



The final results!!




1 comment: