Friday, June 3, 2011

REDS REDS REDS



May 13th is about when things should start changing for fishing off the coast. It is just about time for calico bass to start biting in the kelp beds, barracuda to show up and maybe even yellowtail!!






So the fact that I was headed back out to fish the bottom for rockfish. DO NOT get me wrong! I love all fishing! I just like to be out there and I have fun everytime!






I was just a little frustrated this season cause it seemed no matter what boat I went on, no matter when I could not catch a "red" to save my life! Vermillion Rockfish (reds) are the sought after catch when going after bottom fish. They are so tasty and put up a bit more of a fight!






This trip was different!!!






I decided to photo all my fish so I could keep track of how many I got this time. When I go out bottom fishing all the little guys go home (well they usually just go in the water and get eaten by a waiting pelican). BUT sometimes my pics dont reflect how many fish I get...






Well on this trip I got sick of taking pictures of little tiny little rockfish!






What was exciting to photo was the fact that I FINALLY caught me some REDS!!






that is Fred the owner/captain jumping in my photo

another little guyanother little guy hahathis is the goofy rig Jason told me to try that he used the other day that killed on the reds
That smile says "I finally caught a red" I do not give any credit to the goofy rig! it is about here I stop photographing the little fish Jason taking off yet another baby rockfish!!

My BIG RED












not only did I finally catch some decent reds I also won the jackpot!!!

The cool thing about winning is I always give the pot to the crew who always takes such good care of me when I am out there! Thanks guys!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment