Friday, October 14, 2011

7/10/11 1/2 day on the Daily Double

Every time I go fishing there is something I miss...it is my mom. She was the one that introduced me to fishing, took me on countless boats & trips. Now that I am the mom I have a new appreciation for the money she invested in gear, trips, food, permits & my mom always baked cookies & pies for the crew!
I miss her cause she was my fishing partner. We always went together, well she went with out me a lot.
Now what I experience is the same but reversed as I am taking my son fishing. It starts early morning when I go to wake him up & he says (just like I did to my mom) "I'm tired" "I don't wanna go" "let me sleep" I of course do as my mom did & drag his butt outta bed & make him. I do this knowing once we are on the boat & fishing he will have a blast!
Then like my mom I have prepared & packed all our gear, gotten snacks for us. All he has to do is recline in the car until we arrive.
On the boat I get us all signed in & rigged up. He just has to wait until we get to the spot to fish. He loves watching them load bait, talking to the crew & taking a nap (just like me!).
This trip was pretty slow fishing for rock fish. Right now my goal is to get my son exposed to fishing, get him experience with different types of fishing & boats.
This trip was pretty slow but we always have fun & Martin got a rockfish. He even held it for the picture...well sort of!




1 comment: